INGREDIENTS PER 4 PEOPLE
thyme, rosemary and parsley chopped together, 1 tbsp
chopped bacon, 1, 7 oz
chili pepper to taste
pappardelle, 14 oz
boned hare’s back
grated pecorino cheese, 1,7 oz
milk, 2/5 cup
salt to taste
olive oil, 6 tbsp
celery stalks, 1
red wine, 1 glass
garlic, 1 clove
tomato puree, 3,5 oz
1. Clean the deboned hare meat and slice it into little cuts.
2. Chop bacon, onion, garlic, celery and rosemary all togheter.
3. Pour the olive oil in a pan, then pour the above-mentioned mixture and fry over low heat for 10 minutes.
4. Add the pieces of the meat into the pan and cook for about 10 minutes.
5. Pour the tomato puree into the pan then add a pinch of salt and cook the whole mixture for another 10 minutes, adding every now and then some red wine.
6. Pour the milk into the pan and cook, over low heat, for about 90 minutes.
7. Cook simultaneously the pasta, al dente ( firm ), in another pot.
8. Strain the pasta, pour it into the hare gravy prepared into the pan, and blend it all; then scatter grated pecorino all over.
Thanks to:Peter Houses