INGREDIENTS PER 12 PEOPLE
To make 12 cannoli:
pastry flour, 1 cup
lard, 2 tbsp
1 clear egg
bitter cacaco, 1 tsp
granulated sugar, 1 tsp
white wine, ½ cup
peanut oil for frying
Ingredients for the ricotta filling:
ricotta cheese of cow’s milk, 10,6 oz
powdered sugar, 1/2 cup
orange flower water, 3 tbsp
dark chocolate in small pieces, 1,7 oz
Ingredients for caramelized pears:
Williams pears, 10,6 oz
sugar, 1/4 cup
half a lemon
corn starch, 1 tsp
extra virgin olive oil to tasteIn a bowl mix all the ingredients together and lascire the dough rest for an hour in a cool place.
• after this time, roll out the dough and cut into squares.
• must have the infamous metal cylinders for cannoli introns which wrap the small piece of dough.
• put into a frying pan with plenty high enough peanut oil and bring the oil to frying temperature.
• fry the cannoli and once fried let them drain well.
process for the caramelized pears
• peel and cut the pears into small pieces
• In a pan put the sugar and pears together with the juice of half a lemon and a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
• as soon as the pears are cooked and is quite prosciugaro the juice, put the cornstarch and cook for another two minutes.
• let cool.
• crush the ricotta with a fork and insert icing sugar and orange flower water.
• reduced add the chocolate into small pieces and pears
• Fill the cannoli ready to serve and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
For the cannoli:
In a bowl mix all the ingredients together and let the dough rest for an hour in a cool place.
After this time, roll out the dough and cut into squares.
You need the metal cylinders for cannoli, with whom you can wrap the small piece of dough to form the sweets.
Put on the heat a frying pan with copious peanut oil and bring it to frying temperature.
Fry the cannoli and once fried let them drain well.
For the caramelized pears:
Peel and cut the pears into small pieces.
In a non-stick pan mix the sugar and the pears with the juice of half a lemon and a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
As soon as the pears are cooked and the juice is quite vanished, add the cornstarch and cook for another two minutes. Let cool.
To assemble the cannoli:
Press the ricotta with a fork and add the icing sugar and the orange flower water.
Add the chocolate (cut into small pieces) and the pears already prepared.
Fill the cannoli with the mixture right before serving, and sprinkle them with powdered sugar.
Thanks to: Cake Garden Project