INGREDIENTS PER 10 PEOPLE
Stale bread, 17 Oz
Dry cookies, 4,5 Oz
Dry macaroons (amaretti), 6,5 Oz
Sultana, 3,3 Oz
Pine nuts, 2 Oz
Unsweetened cocoa powder, 4 spoonful
Full-cream milk, 34 Oz
butter to taste
flour to taste
– Cut the stale bread and leave it to soak in milk all the night long (if it’s possible). If you don’t have enough time leave it for 4 hours at least.
– Wring the bread out to eliminate most of the milk and put it into another bowl.
– Crumble the dry cookies and the macaroons with your hands and put them together with the bread.
– Add the pine nuts and sultanina and mix up all. If the mixture is too dry you can add part of the milk you used before, but not too much. On the contrary if the mixture is too liquid you can add more dry cookies. Let it stand for 15 minutes.
– Sift the unsweetened cocoa powder and mix out all the ingredients once more until you reach a uniform mixture.
– Butter and cover in flour the baking tray and put the mixture into it.
– Bake in the oven (preheat to 200°) for 45/50 minutes. At the end of the cooking let the cake cool down before taking it out from the tray.
Thanks to: Aromi Fragolosi